Tuesday, February 5, 2013

How could I not? (with mild cursing, aimed at myself)

It was a long, long-a-- day at school, with teaching first, refreshments, a meeting, and then refreshing convo, then refreshing cleaning.  Got home at 6:40 and was greeted by a heavenly aroma.  A lovely curry, with onion relish, chopped almonds, greek yogurt and rice.  I actually had the nerve to say, "Where's the homemade Naan?  Didn't you make Naan?  I was sure there'd be Naan?"  What a b- I am.  I mean really.  The dude slaved.  Still, out came the pan and the nicely made olive oil dough, perfect for Naan, a little lecture (but no other help) on the process and property of ghee, and the Naan was made. Deliciously, incredibly, there was homemade Naan to go with the homemade curry, in five minutes or less.  I ate a lovely helping, with a big chunk of naan, marveling at the quality of the curry and the fact that I was enjoying it.  (I didn't like curry until I was about 52.)
AJ asked if I wanted any more.  I was full, didn't need more at all, but....how could I not?  It was such an effort and so good.  I'm still uncomfortable.
I'm obviously on a feeding frenzy.  When you see the list, you will notice that we are still out of healthy choice fudgesicles, and AJ went out to get three  $1.00 sundaes for dessert,  My mother didn't believe in desert, but I sure do like something cold and fudgey after dinner.  So, because I am such a B-, I said, "I sure wish we could have a little ice cream."  And out went that nice man into the cold, so I could have a little ice cream.  I know he's a marvel.  How could I not?

Kristin ate
egg on toast
2 coffees with cream
6 animal crackers
2 little steak sandwiches on buns
celery
diet coke
a scoop of ice cream with chocolate sauce (I almost had more, but thought better of it)
tbsp peanuts
bag of vanilla wafers
chocolate chip cookie
rice
curry
1/2 naan (but it was huge!)
1/2 nordeast beer
a little more curry
a little more naan
macdonald's hot fudge sundae

Kristin Spent 
$8.and change for professional book, amazon, Conferring with Readers

AJ ate
peanut butter toast
orange
3 coffees with cream
small roast beef sandwich
1/2 cup rice a roni
2 crackers with frosting
chicken veg curry over rice
1/2 beer
naan
hot fudge sundae

AJ spent 
$44.50 at CUB for chick peas, hot chocolate, chicken, onions, red potatoes, peppers, cauliflower, 2 bags shredded cheese, ice melt salt, a coke, curry powder
$3.89 at McDonalds, for 3 dollar sundaes that now cost $1.19!




No comments:

Post a Comment