Thursday, February 7, 2013

What a Diva!

It was roller skating night at our school, and AJ and I had planned that I would come home at around 4:00, have dinner, and then we would go skating together.  Of course I had a meeting that lasted a little too long, then a couple conversations, one for business and one for pleasure, that lasted longer than planned, and what do you know?  I left school at about 5:30.  I called Dawn to go over the day on my way home, and discovered that we were driving next to each other on the road, and since she was going early, and since traffic looked really blocked up, I decided to get to the roller tink, and called AJ to meet us there and bring us dinner.

 It turned into an episode of The Californians, but Sonquist style, where we talk endlessly about food, rather that the traffic.
"What are you doing?  I'm going to the roller rink!  But you were going to come home!  I know, but traffic is bad!  Just bring the food here!  I can't!  Why not? Just put it in a bowl!  It's all laid out!  How about putting the salads together and bringing three bowls of salad?  I can't very well do that?  Why not? They aren't going to like that!  It's the roller rink- they'll never know.  I know, I'll eat dinner, and put yours in the refrigerator, and then you can eat yours after and if you are too hungry, you can buy a piece of pizza.  Well, ok then, I'm going in now.  Ok, I'll see you when you get here.  OK. "

Well, usually AJ is so happy to accommodate me, as all of you know!  But not today.  Today he was an inflexible diva.  Eventually, I got the taco salad, (it was nicely done, but will never be a favorite.  Burger on cold lettuce?  Who ever thought of that.)  But it was worth it.  You should see the man skate.

Kristin ate
egg on toast
2 cups coffee
6 animal crackers
diet coke
salami sandwich
cauliflower and celery
8 fritos
4 ritz crackers
1/4 cup almonds
pizza slice
diet pepsi
taco salad
muffin 1 1/2
1/2 beer
ice cream

Kristin Spent
$10.00 roller skating
$10.00 pizza and pop

AJ ate 
kix
taco
10 almonds
2 diet cokes
taco salad
3 muffins
ice cream

AJ spent
 $4.10 catalina dressing and doritos
$5.00 roller skating


1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I really love these posts - seriously. And the reflection of Ben I see in both of you.

    ReplyDelete