Monday, February 18, 2013

Retail Therapy

I thought Cost Plus World Market was out of business in our area.  Kendra and Tom gave me some sweet items from Cost Plus World Market for Christmas- I assumed they got them online.  So when Tom told me that they were looking at furniture at that store, I perked right up.  Online?  I said.  No- in Roseville!  Oh happy day!  I truly love that store!  It's like the Pier One of my childhood, not the fancy Pier One of today.  I plotted and planned for an opportunity to slide in there alone and bask in the international glory.
Today was the day.  I had to drive AJ to work so he could pick up his company car.  (oh happy day again!) I cruised right over to Rosedale.  I waited outside until they opened.
They had a "Life of Pi" department.  Really.  Beautiful trinkets and non-trinkets from India.  I found a delightful sequined, jeweled and embroidered set of office tools.  A tiny stapler.  A tape measure.  A bejeweld ruler.  A ruler and a tape measure!  I could put it in the batik bag that was part of the set and keep it in my purse!  There were jeweled scissors and a jeweled pen.  All for 14.99.  I chose the best color and put it in the cart.  Next time someone needs a pen, I'm gonna whip out that jeweled delight.  I drove it around the store while I picked out a shower curtain, a floor lamp, and many items for easter baskets.  I got to thinking that the pen would hurt my fingers if I wrote with it, the tiny stapler probably wouldn't work, that I had a tape measure from Mood in New York City in my purse already, and that $14.99 would pay for a our trip to Django Unchained at 2 dollar Tuesday at New Hope Cinema grill.
I left the store empty handed.  All that stuff will be there in a couple weeks if I still want it.


Kristin Ate
2 cups coffee with cream
2 slices pb toast with honey
1 latte (grande, starbucks)
1 cinnamon scone
1 pretzel stuffed with feta and spinach
1 bag chips
tuna melt
1/3 orange
chips
1/2 bag popcorn
diet coke
1/3 box milkduds
handful jr. mints

Kristin Spent
$7.00 parking at hospital
$35.00 for lunch  (pretzels with feta and spinach, chips, cookie, coffees for 2, and 3 magazines)

Aj Ate
2 slices pb toast
roast beef sandwich
apple
2 cups coffee
2 cokes
tuna melt
chips
1/3 orange
shared large popcorn
1/3 box milkduds
12 jr. mints

AJ spent
$7.00 movie popcorn
$35.00 gas

No comments:

Post a Comment