Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hungry Work

AJ spent the day with me at school.  We had a train day.  He put together his model railroad and let all the kids drive it.  We also had Trevor's cool fisher price trains and they were awesome.  It was hungry work.  Here's what we ate:

AJ ate
2 cups coffee with cream
toast and egg
2 small turkey sandwiches
apple
coke
chicken leg
banana
handful cheddar bunnies
12 oz glass chocolate milk
1 bowl american potage
3 pieces of mushroom tart
1/3 bar chocolate almond sea salt
1 glass raspberry gingerale
1/3 egg salad sandwich

AJ spent
$6,75  at cub,  cabbage, potatoes and crescent rolls

Kristin ate
3 cups coffee with cream
toast and egg
1 small turkey sandwich
celery and carrots
2/3 egg salad sandwich
16 cheddar bunnies
candy cane
1 1/2 bowls of American Potage
3 pieces of mushroom tart
1 fudgesicle
1 glass of red wine

Kristin spent $0.00

American Potage is an old Betty Crocker recipe for soup made with hamburger, potatoes, celery, onion, carrots, mushrooms, beef stock, tomatoes and cabbage.  It is low carb, hearty, delicious, and quick to make.  The mushroom tarts were from a pampered chef recipe that came with my fancy new rubber spatulas from Dawn, my Christmas present.  It occurs to me that this blog could have recipes.

I cooked the soup tonight.  It's a recipe I have made since before I was married.  It occurs to me that this would be a better blog if we put recipes in it.  AJ made the mushroom tart.  The lunch sandwiches were delicious, but after I ate mine, I said Uh-oh, because I was as hungry as if I hadn't eaten anything.  Luckily, there were lots of rejects from kids' school lunches.  There is no mistaking the look of horror on a kids face when he realizes that the regular sandwich he thought he took is actually an egg salad, and he just doesn't eat that.  I was pleased to help him out.  I sure hated egg salad, and anything else made with mayonaisse, until I was grown.  We found some other food for that kid to eat.  AJ got his chicken leg the same way- not taken from a kid, exactly, but rescued from the trash before it went in.
A good thing too, because train day WAS hungry work.

1 comment:

  1. I also had 2 glasses of red wine with my delicious dinner tonight and napped onthe couch doran hour or so.

    ReplyDelete