Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I'm starving!!!!

Today AJ helped me take my class on a field trip.  We have been studying transportation, and we thought it would be cool to take a bus ride and a train ride.  This required about 3 hours on public transportattion.  It all went really well.  My teaching partner Dawn handed out granola bars to all the kids.  AJ got one.  The kids ate in two bites.  They were staaaarrrrvvvving.  I realized I was staaarrrrvvvvinnnnggg too, but I didn't want to eat one or write it down, so I was well prepared to tough it out with no granola bar.  All of a sudden, there was a granola bar and I scarfed it down.  As often happens, eating a little something made me want more.  Just when I was imagining my lunch, waiting quietly back at school in my fancy new lunch bag, one of my second graders left his seat to tell me, with agony written on his face,  "Kristin, I'm staaarrrrvvviiing."  "You are going to be ok," I told him.  You had a nice breakfast and you just had a granola bar.  It won't be long until lunch."  I was telling him and telling myself.
Back at school (finally) I had a nice lunch, but AJ had neglected to pack one for himself.  He was again reliant on picky school lunch eaters.  It was also necessary for him to get us some midday coffees.  We went for the coffee of the day instead of our traditional lattes.  They were just as good and half the price.  Still, we are sliding down the slippery slope.  4 bucks is 4 bucks.  Next time we'll plan better.  But, you know, we were starving.

Kristin ate:
1 smoothy (recipe follows)
1 toast and cheese
1 granola bar
2 cups coffee
1 turkey sandwich (turkey, lettuce, a little onion mayo salt and pepper on wheat bread-very nice.)
small bag o chips
cookie-kowalski's chocolate chunk
coffee with cream
sloppy joe
brussel sprouts
apple slices
pickles
1/2 beer
1 healthy choice fudgesicle
4 mints

Kristin Spent
$0.00

AJ ate
1 smoothy
1 toast no cheese
2 cups coffee with cream
bun
4 chicken nuggets
string cheese
apple slices
chocolate chip granola bar
10 cheddar bunnies
coffee with cream
2 chocolate chunk cookies
1 1/2 sloppy joes
brussels sprouts
2/3 apple
1/2 beer

AJ spent
$15.09 groceries at Kowalskis - buns, cookies, dishwasher soap, diet coke.  Used a gift card.
$4.20 at Starbucks for 2 coffees

Here's the smoothie recipe:
2 cups strawberries, 2/3 cups raspberries (frozen)
1 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cranberry juice
splash milk
12 spinach leaves
1 T ground flax seed
1T honey
3 ice cubes

Spin in the Ninja and enjoy.  Delicious, but hard to eat while driving.



No comments:

Post a Comment